March 25

Gaining Freedom

image

It is December 1777. It is cold and the Continental Army is camped at Valley Forge. The French have decided to help the Americans in the Revolutionary War. I’ve been carrying the Marquis de Lafayette all day. He is a good friend of George Washington and he is also French. King Louis XVI. The horse next to me is carrying George Washington. He (George Washington) has been showing the Marquis around Valley Forge all day. We have seen soldiers doing drills, Baron Von Stueben training the Continental Army, and soldiers with only rags to keep them warm. They are living in tents and huts that don’t help keep the cold out. They are suffering but they don’t complain because they believe in what they are fighting for. FREEDOM. I hope that the French can help us gain freedom from the British.

Posted March 25, 2016 by annaglca in category Uncategorized

7 thoughts on “Gaining Freedom

1. lindamoehring

Hi Anna, I have been looking through the blogs and noticed that this one had never been officially published.

Reply
  2. willhitee14

Hi Anna. I love that blog post on gaining freedom, it’s so good! I love how you took on the persona of a charectar from the revolutionary war, and I an dying to know where you found that kind of information.

I look forward to reading more of you blog posts.

Elizabeth OUT! 🙂

Reply
    1. annaglca (Post author)

Thanks Elizabeth. We had to choose a picture and then write a story. I am kind of a history geek so I just knew that off the top of my head.

Reply
  3. sheay

Hi Anna my name is Shea from Columbus, Ohio my teacher found your website through the edublogs challenge.I love history just like you! Its very good to know about the history of our country. Keep it up. You can come visit my site @ http://sheay.edublogs.org/. Thank you

Reply
    1. annaglca (Post author)

Thanks Sheay. Your blog is awesome!
      I am from Spokane, Washington but I live in Europe.

Reply
  4. Aisho

Hello, my name is Aisho Ali. My teacher, Mrs. Garber found your site through the edublog’s challenge along with a lot of other people. I loved it when you said, “They are suffering but they don’t complain because they believe in what they are fighting for. FREEDOM” because it represents what people back in the day might think. All in all, great blog post and make sure to check mine out at http://aishoa.edublogs.org/.

Reply